Room attendant (NOC 6731)
Fairmont Chateau Whistler, BC
· Salary$16.75 / hour
· 30 Vacancies
· Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time, Part-time also will be available for those who required; 32 to 40 hours / week
· Start date: As soon as possible
Benefits: employee will be eligible to join the benefit plan, the first day of the month, following 3 months of full-time continuous employment. The benefit package applicable to the full-time position covers employee and dependants for the 100% employer paid Medical Service Plan of BC, Extended plan through Great West Life (Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment).
- Education Assistance Program
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler Wellness Plan
- As of day one, employee is eligible to participate in the Retirement Savings Plan, employee assistance program, uniform, dry cleaning thereof, complimentary duty meal for every 5 hr+ shift, subsidized housing.
- After 6 months of full time employment employee will be eligible to participate in the Fairmont Pension Plan, where Fairmont matches the employee’s contributions
- Participation in the Destinations Program, offering discounted Fairmont Hotels Room Rates & Food & Beverage.
- Vacation pay will be accrued as per Provincial Legislation with the understanding that employees are required to take their annual vacation and shall not be paid in lieu thereof if not taken. Please note: Vacation requests will typically not be granted during peak season which is December 1 – March 31 and June 1 - September 30.
· Employment conditions: Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Weekend
Education: No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience: Experience an asset
Security and Safety: Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30lbs, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Frequent Bending, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and lifting; Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Work Location Information: Staff accommodation available for a fee.
Personal Suitability: Dependability, ability to focus attention on guest needs; remain calm and courteous at all times; Initiative, Team player – ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision; Judgement; Excellent communication and organizational skills; Flexibility, Reliability; strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities; Highly responsible and reliable; Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Reporting to the Housekeeping Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but not limited to the following;
Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues;
Clean all assigned guestrooms including: Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors, Dust furniture, Vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture, Make beds and change sheets; Distribute clean towels and toiletries;
Stock linen closet;
Clean, disinfect and polish bathroom fixtures and appliances;
Handle and report lost and found items;
Attend to guests’ requests for extra supplies or other items;
Provide basic information on facilities;
Pick up debris and empty trash containers;
Wash inside windows, walls and/or ceilings;
Address customers’ complaints or concerns;
Sign in and out master keys daily;
Maintain proper usage of cleaning supplies and equipment
Update and record all cleaned rooms;
Return and properly tag all lost and found articles in the Housekeeping office;
Follow departmental policies and procedures and service standards;
Report necessary maintenance items;
Follow all safety and sanitation policies;
Other duties as assigned;
Work Setting: Hotel, resort
How to apply
By mail:4599 Chateau Blvd, Whistler, BC, V0N 1B4
In person: 4599 Chateau Blvd, Whistler, BC, V0N 1B4, from 10:00 to 16:00