Cooks perform some or all of the following duties:
• Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
• Prepare and cook special meals as instructed by chef
• Supervise kitchen helpers
• May assist with inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
• May set up and oversee buffets
• May clean kitchen and work area
• May determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements, and monitor and order supplies
• May train kitchen staff.
Cooks may specialize in preparing and cooking ethnic cuisine or special dishes.
5 permanent positions open at $14.00 to $18.00/hour depending on skill and experience – fulltime – (30 to 35 hours/week) and permanent – Water Street Cafe, 300 Water Street, Vancouver BC V6B 1B6; email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; PLEASE DO NOT APPEAR AT THE RESTAURANT WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT WITH HR; 2 years minimum experience required; benefits available after one year of employment