Our business Nijjer Foods Ltd. DBA Dana Mandi located at 2095 5 Ave, Prince George, BC V2M 1J8 is looking for a Cook (6322) to start work as soon as possible.
As a Cook, you would be responsible for preparing food items in accordance with authentic Indian recipes, and establish standards to deliver outstanding service. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Check freshness of food and ingredients
• Create recipes and plan menus
• Determine serving size
• Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepare and cook food according to instructions
• Should have experience of cooking Indian cuisine and curries (both vegetarian and non-vegetarian) like butter chicken, chilli chicken, fish curry, paneer tikka, shahi paneer, mix vegetable etc.
• Teach kitchen helpers to prepare menu items
• Order and maintain inventory of food and supplies needed to ensure efficient operations
• Monitor sanitation practices and ensure that kitchen safety standards are followed
Language: Basic English
Minimum Education: Not Required
Terms & Conditions: Full-time; permanent
Wages: $18.00/hour for 40 hours a week
Experience : 2 – 3 years of experience working for Indian cuisine, curries, Tandoor (oven) etc.
Canadian citizens and permanent residents are strongly encouraged to apply; interested Candidates can send their resumes via Email or Fax to the following:
Note: No Phone Calls or Walk-ins before interview please.